Tuesday, August 19, 2014

"Cornered" a thriller

In "Cornered," Matt Brady is attempting to solve the mystery behind the disappearance of a number of young women in Temple, Texas.

He's frustrated because all of his leads don't pan out. It's as if someone else had the information he had.

We witness the kidnapping of three women.  The kidnappers are adept and before the reader can shout "Watch Out!" the kidnappers capture the women, tie them up and dump them in the back of a van.

One of the victims was a veterinary assistant. When Matt visits her boss to find more about her, the boss, Tracy Rogers, doesn't have any information but decides to see what she can find out herself. She does this partly for the missing assistant but also because she is attracted to Matt.

Matt and Tracy's interference of the operation of the kidnappers upsets one of the kidnappers and soon both Matt and Tracy become targets.

I consider "Cornered" to be among the top 4 or 5 thrillers I've read this year. I'm very impressed with the author's storytelling ability.

I wished for an electrifying conclusion and while the conclusion was most satisfactory, I was expecting greatness from this awesome author.

I recieved this book for an honest review.

1 comment:

Felicity Grace Terry said...

Hi Michael. My apologies that its been a while, health issues have somewhat curtailed my visits recently.

In a thriller mood at the moment, I'm onto my 3rd Faye Kellerman novel this month, I simply had to check out what is a new author to me.

Great review, thank you.

Currently Reading

Currently Reading
Broken Promise