Friday, January 29, 2016

Two for the Dough revisited

Ten years after publication i decided to reread "Two for the Dough.". I found reading this entertaining book was like visiting with an old and humorous old friend.,

Stephanie Plum is still at work pursuing her career as a bail jumper.while dreaming of romance and wealth.  She is on the trail of Kenny Mancuso, a bail jumper from Stephanie's area or berg as locations in the Trenton New Jersey are referred  to.

Kenny has recently left the army and is accused of shooting his best friend.

Ranger is Stephanie's bounter hunter pal who occasionally steps in to pull her out of a jam. He's a more experienced bounty jumper who adds his knowledge to the hunt as does Stephanie's pistol packing grandma who reminds me of "granny" from the Beverly Hillbillies.

The story is good fun and adds a love interest Stephanie's love interest of Joe Morelli.

As enjoyable as I recalled the original reading.

5 comments:

Kelly said...

I've read almost all of the books in this series (I think I only lack the last one or two). I loved them in the beginning, but they've gotten stale for me. I wish Stephanie would "grow up" and make some decisions in her life! Of course I'm still reading them, though. I keep thinking it will eventually wrap up.

Always light, funny entertainment.

skkorman said...

I love this series!

Sheila K.
skkorman AT bellsouth DOT net

Laurie C said...

I listened to the audiobook of the first book (One for the Money?) and thought it was quite funny. Never went on to number two, though, and maybe I should!

Brenda C said...

Hey Mike, just dropping by to check on you my friend. Hope all is well. I am still watching and waiting for book three in your series. Blessings my friend.

skkorman said...

I am very sorry to say that Mike passed away on February 27, 2016. I will miss this sweet, lovely soul. For those who wish to read Mike's obituary:

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/ctpost/obituary.aspx?pid=177917517

Currently Reading

Currently Reading
Broken Promise