Monday, October 14, 2013

About me

In my fight against lung cancer, last Friday was a high and low point.

Began a new series of treatment at the Smilow Cancer clinic in New Haven but was at the hospital from 10:45 until almost 7 pm.

First saw the oncologist and learned that my tests from earlier in the week, looked good, no cancer growth in the bone.
Next up to the 8th floor:  first give blood and urine so they can test bodily functions
                                      then after analysis by doctors, they contact the pharmacy
                                      the pharmacy puts together the meds on this new program, takes over an hour
                                      two hours for the infusion and then, since this was the first time on this med, had to stay and extra hour for observation. They wanted to make sure I didn't go into shock or anything....

Very unnerving and I ended up as the last patient there.

Glad it's over...now see about the side effects of the new meds.












9 comments:

Linda Kish said...

How often do you have to have the infusions?

Unknown said...

Hi Linda;
Infusions are every two weeks. They are given at the Smilow Hospital.
Thanks for asking.

Mike

BookBagLady said...

Hi Mike:

You can do this! Miracles happen every single day; fight, fight, fight!!!! You CAN and WILL beat this thing.

I think of you often and I'm so very sorry that you're having to go through this at all.

Sincerely,
Louise
(Book BagLady)

Man of la Book said...

Thanks for the update Mike.

All the best my friend.

http://www.ManOfLaBook.com

Carol N Wong said...

Thank you for the update. I am very glad to know the good news. If you start to have side effects, the people giving you the infusions can help you with suggestions. Have several friends taking chemo right now.

Carol M said...

I hope things continue to go well for you!

skkorman said...

Thanks for the update, Mike, and I'm so glad the news was positive! Best of luck with the new meds!

Sheila

Jerry House said...

Wishing you the very best.

Unknown said...

Thanks so very much for these kind words, they have certainly made my day happier and are something that I will read again and again.

Most sincerely,

Mike

Currently Reading

Currently Reading
Broken Promise